ATS Diesel E40D Automatic Transmission for Ford Powerstroke 1995-1998 4WD
The Ford E4OD transmission was designed for a wide number gasoline applications, but it just can’t handle the torque that the 7.3L PowerStroke turbo diesel delivers. Especially when you start adding more power and torque to the engine. Don’t let the transmission be the weakest link of your Ford Super Duty truck; get an ATS Built Ford E4OD Transmission today to ensure your automatic transmission is as solid as the rest of your truck.
ATS went to work on this electronically controlled four-speed automatic, and they beefed it up in every way to make sure the transmission is as bulletproof as the engine. The first order of business when rebuilding the Ford E4OD transmissions is to replace the clutch pack backing plates with machined plates, which allows for an extra clutch pack to fit in place. This gives the transmission more surface area to accommodate more power and heavier loads. Not only does this improve overall strength, but also reliability.
The transmission pump and valve body are upgraded to give the Ford E4OD transmission better fluid pressure with an end result of increasing the overall torque capacity. Finally, the rest of the transmission is addressed new components such as bearing, seals and clutch bands, and then the case itself is cleaned, painted and sealed to make sure it looks good and resists corrosion.
Here is a list of all the modifications that ATS makes to the rebuilt Ford E4OD transmission:
- Low reverse frictions and steels
- Forward frictions and oversized steels with one additional friction and steel added
- Machined forward pressure plate .250"
- Direct frictions and oversized steels
- Intermediate frictions and steels with one additional friction and steel added
- Intermediate pressure plate
- Overdrive frictions and steels with one additional friction and steel added
- Machined overdrive pressure plate .170"
- Coast clutch friction and steels
- Low roller clutch
- Heavy duty intermediate sprag
- Overdrive roller clutch
- Bonded coast clutch piston
- Bonded overdrive piston
- Bushings, bearings, filters, seals, and gaskets
All of this is included with the transmission, and the torque converter is sold separately. There is also a deep oil pan available to reinforce the case to make things even stronger.
Note: Due to the size and weight of this item, it must be shipped via Freight. It is a $500 flat rate. Includes return core shipping. Also, due to the nature of Freight shipping, you may be contacted to work out shipping details.
- Item Requires Shipping
- 310.0 lbs.
- W42.0000” x H40.0000” x L48.0000”
- Due to the size/weight of this item, freight shipping is required. Please give us a call for the best shipping rates.
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.