2018 Truck of The Year
Truck Trend Magazine's truck of the year is the 2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali and for good reason. The Denali features a 6.6L V-8 engine churning out 445 hp and 915 lb-ft of high performance torque. It's Allison six-speed automatic transmission transfers enough power to the ground for any situation.
The new Denali doesn't scrimp on luxury, boasting authentic leather from the seats to the leather-wrapped steering wheel. Plus, it has an infotainment center that is refreshingly simple and provides a reliable mobile 4G-LTE internet hotspot.
When it comes to play, this truck isn't designed for offroad specifically, but you can play in the dirt when you're in the mood. The independent suspension in the front is quiet and handles deep ruts with ease.
Lighting and other options round out the Denali specs which are listed below:
- Base Price: $58,945
- EPA Fuel Econ (City/HWY/Comb): NA
- Weight: 7,779 pounds
- Tested Fuel Econ (Average/Best): 15.32/19.87
- Accel 0-60 MPH: 7.93 seconds
- Quarter-Mile: 15.85 seconds @ 90.67 mph
- Braking 60-0 MPH: 156.50 feet
- Accel 0-60 (Payload)*: 8.32 seconds
- Quarter-Mile (Payload)*: 16.04 seconds @ 86.50 mph
- Braking 60-0 MPH (Payload)*: 153.43 feet
- Accel 0-60 (Towing): 14.54 seconds
- Quarter-Mile (Towing): 19.70 seconds @ 71.77 mph
- Interior Decibel Level (at 60 MPH): 62.0
*2,200 pounds of payload **10,000-pound trailer weight