Ford EcoBlue; 2.0L Technical Wonder
EcoBlue is the most advanced diesel engine that Ford has created. This 2.0L four-cylinder engine was designed to improve performance, lower emissions and have better fuel efficiency. It is compact, quiet and smooth thanks to a strong, lightweight block which reduces noise and vibration.
Ford developed a process called “mirror-image porting”, in which the air swirls clockwise in two cylinders and counterclockwise in the other two. This creates a balanced airflow which improves fuel consumption and increases torque while lowering emissions.
Below are the specs for this new technical wonder.
- Engine: Ford EcoBlue
- Displacement: 2.0L (122 ci)
- Engine Layout: I-4
- Valvetrain: DOHC, 16-valve
- Bore x Stroke: 3.31 x 3.54 inches (84 x 90 mm)
- Compression Ratio: 16.5:1
- Head material: Aluminum
- Block material: High-strength cast-iron
- Piston material: Aluminum
- Power: 168 hp (125 kw)
- Torque: 299 lb-ft (405 Nm)
- Emissions: Euro Stage 6
- Induction: Low-inertia variable-geometry turbocharger
- Exhaust: Cast-iron
- Intercooler: Air-to-air
- Cooling System: Liquid-cooled
- Fuel System: Common-rail direct injection
- Lubrication System: Wet sump
- Lubrication Capacity: 8.8 quarts (8.3L)