Remanufactured parts, and many high performance ones as well, start off as used parts that are pulled from vehicles. CORE (or Cash On REturn) charges are a way to keep costs down by incentivizing their return for re-manufacturing. At the time of purchase of an applicable part, the customer may choose to pay the core charge and receive a refund for it when returning it in acceptable condition within 60 days. This can help minimize downtime for customer's vehicle. Alternatively, the customer may send in the core first and the purchased part will ship out upon receipt of an acceptable core.
While shipment of the CORE part back is the responsibility of the customer, we do provide prepaid shipping at a reduced cost for a limited number of products.
Returning your core:
Step 1: Make sure that you have removed all of the fittings from your old unit
Step 2: Drain all Fuel/Oil from the unit, and package the Core so that any Fuel/Oil residue does not escape the packaging(this will cause delays in shipping)
Step 3: Include Core Return Form, and try to re-use boxes & packaging that the new parts were shipped in
Correctly Packaged Core
- Original box and ample packaging materials were re-used to protect the core
- There is no residue leaking through the box
- The Core Return Form is placed inside box and is easily accessible
Incorrectly Packaged Core
- Little to no packaging materials were used to protect the Core(s) in transit
- Oil/Fuel residue is leaking through the box which delayed delivery of the Core
- The Core Return Form was not included
Core Credit Breakdown
Full Credit: The core must be received within 60 days of purchase in acceptable condition. Any damages to the core during shipment back to the manufacturer are the responsibility of the customer and their package carrier.
1/2 Credit: If the core is returned after between 60 and 180 days or if the housing is slightly damaged
No Core Credit: Rusted, Corroded, Fire Damage, Seized, or received after 180 days
- Keep all tracking Numbers until you have received your Core refund
- Please allow up to Two (2) Weeks from the time that the Core is received for the refund to process
- Refund will go back to original method of payments
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What if the part that I purchased from you is built by another Manufacturer(i.e., Industrial Injection, BD Diesel, etc.)?