The 5.9L Cummins Coolant Filter Kit from Sinister Diesel is designed to extend the service life of your 2003-2007 Dodge 2500 or 3500 diesel by removing contaminants that can damage your engine.
Even on freshly rebuilt, or brand new engines, the coolant is probably contaminated with microscopic particles like casting sand leftover from the manufacturing process, metal shavings, rust, and mineral deposits that can diminish the heat capacity of your truck's cooling system. Left inside the engine, these particles can cause premature wear to the bearings inside your water pump and cause expensive damage to the small passages inside your EGR cooler and oil cooler. With the Sinister Diesel Cummins Coolant Filter Kit for the 2003-2007 5.9L Dodge Cummins, you can be sure your cooling system is working at maximum efficiency for years to come.
This Cummins Coolant Filter Kit includes all mounts and fittings needed for installation and is machined from 6061 billet aluminum. The filter boss includes 2 threaded inlet ports and 1 outlet port. We recommend replacement of the first filter at 500 miles and replacement of the second and third filters after 3,000 miles each. After three filter changes, replacement can be done once a year.
Features and Benefits:
- CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Filter Block
- Abrasion resistant hoses
- No drilling required: Mounting bracket installs into factory holes
- Can be upgraded to Cat Coolant Filter
- 1 Year Warranty
- WIX Coolant Filter
- Filter Block
- Mounting Bracket
- Pre-assembled silicone hose fittings
- All necessary hardware for installation
- Q: What kind of finish is on this part?
- A:This product is finished in a Sinister Blue high gloss powder coat for extra protection and a clean and stylish appearance