The Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter Oil Filter Kit for 6.0L Ford Powerstroke is designed to extend the service life of your fluids by keeping both your oil and coolant free from tiny contaminants that can cause damage to your engine. Oil and Coolant are the life blood of your 6.0L Powerstroke engine and must be kept clean to ensure proper engine operation, lubrication, and even heat transfer. When these fluids are contaminated it can cause premature wear on engine and turbocharger bearings or even engine failure from a lack of lubrication or overheating due to a constriction within the fluid passages inside the block and engine components like your EGR Cooler.
Whether your engine has been freshly rebuilt or has racked up hundreds of thousands of miles, contaminants like casting sand leftover from the manufacturing process, metal shavings, rust, mineral deposits floating in the coolant, or oil sludge are all but guaranteed and without treatment can spell disaster. With the Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter Oil Filter Kit for the 2003-2007 6.0L Ford Powerstroke, you can be sure your both of these critical systems are operating at maximum efficiency.
This Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter Oil Filter Kit includes all mounts and fittings needed for installation and is machined from 6061 billet aluminum. The filter boss includes 2 threaded inlet ports and 1 outlet port. We recommend replacement of the first filter at 500 miles and replacement of the second and third filters after 3,000 miles each. After three filter changes, replacement can be done once a year.
- Coolant and Oil Blocks are CNC Machined Billet Aluminum
- Removes casting sand and particulate in coolant that's often overlooked
- Improved water pump life
- Extend the life of your engine components and oil with additional 2-Micron filtration
- Abrasion-resistant stainless braided oil lines and reinforced silicone coolant lines
- No drilling required; Mounting bracket installs into factory holes
- Can be upgraded to Cat Coolant Filter
- 1 Year Warranty
Note: Clearance issues with Banks Power Hot Side Charge Pipe
Note: Will NOT work with Extended Life Filter
- Q: What kind of finish is on this part?
- A: This product has a blue anodized finish for extra protection and a clean and stylish appearance.